Well this was unexpected… One of my amazing followers, Makayla Nielson, has nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award! It feels nice to be appreciated for something I love to do and work so hard on! I am extremely flattered and grateful– so thank you very much, Makayla!
If you’re nominated for the award then congratulations! This means the nominator likes your blog and your work so they think you deserve recognition for it. Whether you’re a new blogger or you’ve been blogging for a while, anyone can be nominated.
Here are a few rules to follow if you’ve been nominated:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How I started my blog |
Makeup and Fashion has always been something that came naturally to me. I wanted to create my own platform to showcase my passions and knowledge about beauty & fashion without feeling judged. I personally don’t feel comfortable in front of the camera (at least not yet), which is why I took it upon myself to start a blog. I enjoy writing- it gives me the freedom to express my opinion through my words and pictures. I didn’t exactly want my identity to become my blog, so it only seemed fit to create Beauty Everest. I have been posting new blog content since September of 2016, and I couldn’t be any happier. I have learned so much throughout these last few months and I have grown in many ways! I have gained over 700 followers overall, and I am so grateful for everyone of you. If you have a passion for blogging, don’t stop.
Two Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers |
- Don’t beat yourself up over not being consistent. Good, creative posts come when they please. Don’t force yourself to write about something you’re not passionate about- Your followers can tell when you’re writing because you want to or because you feel like you have to.
- You have to be borderline-obsessed with your blog if you want it to go anywhere. I’m talking, “head hits the pillow and all you can think about is how you want your blog to look, and what you want to review tomorrow”… You have to be passionate about what you’re working on, and focused on improving! Challenge yourself!
My Blogger Recognition Award Nominations |
Thanks for supporting my blog (some of you from the very beginning 😉), it really means a lot and I will continue to pass on the appreciation and support 😊
- Kyanna Nicole
- Slay With Amy Rae
- The Bellezza Corner
- Linda Talks Beauty
- Emily Burrows
- Glitter & Mojitos
- Everything’s Pretty Blog
- The Product Mom
- It’s Tessa Lee
- Sassy Since Birth
(I’ve run out of people to tag, lol)
Thanks for the nomination again, it was super fun!